Transforming lives in Colombia
In 2006 I started playing soccer with street children in the center of “The city of eternal spring” Medellin, Colombia. Many children participated and, after a while, a large group participated structurally. It were the same children who asked me the following question: “Can we play soccer in an official competition?”
“I want to do my best, but if i do, I want you to stay in a shelter (instead of the streets) and go to school”, was my answer.
Many children agreed and in 2007 we started with a boys and girls team in an official competition. It was the beginning of what is now Fundación Caminos is, an organization that today is much more than soccer. Welcome to our website and enjoy discovering our work.
Eddy Veldhuisen, voluntary, President of Fundación Caminos
• Soccer school, La Naranja Mechánica, 10 teams of 6 to 18 years
• Music school, Music school - Sararé, 3 levels
• Journalism, Entendámonos (understand us), 2 groups
• Dance, FunDancing, 3 groups
• Read and write classes, while playing
• Computer classes
• English classes
• Caminos al Máximo, monthly workshops for all children to broaden their future perspective
• Leadership in my community, youth organize something for their own neighborhood under supervision.
• Study and work, youth who have been active in our activities for many years, finish high school and show they are motivated, receive financial and emotional support to study.
At the moment, the foundation supports 400 children and youth directly and 80 children indirectly through the shelters of the center.
The objective of the foundation is and continues to be education.
Fundación Caminos is a non-profit organization that promotes the social integration of children disadvantaged by poverty, domestic violence, abandonment, sexual harassment and addiction in order to broaden their horizon.
Savings account: 07257845286
WERE GOING: NL54 ABNA 0864 3546 57
In the name of: Street children Medellin
We will reply as soon as we can.
Receive email updates